Wednesday, August 26, 2015

When I started to like the beach..

When I started to like the beach was when I went to Coron, Palawan.

This adventure took trip last month and I had mix feeling about it, thinking about the sun and how dark I was going to be. I was unable to sleep at night due to the excitement and the adventure that was waiting for me ahead.

Took off around 4:30AM to avoid the traffic and we spent around 2 hours or so at the airport. I couldn't contain my excitement and the energy was invigorating. 


 

We had to ride this small BUS to ride the small airplane; it was the same shiz for me but I was blown away when I saw the view on my window. After passing the horrendous (Yes the view above Metro Manila is some what horrible because you see the traffic from there...) view of the metropolis, excitement took place when I saw the sea..


En route to Coron, I get to see these islands and the changing colours of the water from sapphire to turquoise. I felt like a kid again as I saw the beauty of those small islands and the waters.  



Best part of the trip was when we were island hopping from one place to the other; climbing up a mountain to go to the lagoons, snorkeling with the fishes and counting how many jellyfishes we had passed by. 

In every trip there is always a down side to things, but not all the time. We stayed at Casa Fidelis. It was clean; the staff are very accommodating and nice; the variety of FOOD was AMAZEBALLS! But we had some issues with the room I stayed in with my atchi. 

First day at the hostel the screen of the window fell on my head, accidents happen but I was smackledorked that I was no longer in the city. I found it eerie that I started to hear all types of insects and lizards and amphibians that got me anxious. I did not mind it much at first since we were outside so I had to suck it up.   

I don't place the hostel responsible for the blackouts happening but it was uncomfortable sleeping at night (for goodness sake it is the monsoon season but what the heck).

But what I hated most was that our room was like part of the natural habitat surrounding the area.... There were tuckoos mutting out "Tuuu-Ckooo" at night and I found one under the mat (literally under the mat); a lizard that died under my atchi's bed (it was alive before it succumbed to suffocation); a toad in the wash room; and a bat in the ceiling. 

I was BEYOND mortified at night but the things that made me overcome these events was I was with family.  

Would I be visiting Coron, Palawan? - Hell YES!

Would I go back to Casa Fidelis? - Ofcourse! So far they are really hospitable and accommodating that I would surely go back there.

For now looking forward to another beach trip in a few months or so; gearing up with more glutathione arsenal and higher SPF. 


xoxo

No comments: