Monday, August 31, 2015

Cartoons and thoughts

I really have to admit that I am a kid at heart; certainly a grown ass woman like me should think more like an adult (which I certainly do). But to escape the reality I am right now, I indulge myself with watching cartoons.

As a 90's kid I grew up watching The Simpsons, Yuyu Hakusho, Daria, Batman animated series to name some. Back then I never understood what the show was about until I reached my teens (the unyielding shenanigans of some of the characters.) on how the topics are typically more for the adults. Many years passed and certain genres have arrived in the world of animation (Japanese anime etc) and the story lines are getting more PG or something.

I enjoy some of the cartoons but there are certain cartoons I don't like as it exhibits that the show is for a specific gender group. I grew up with my brother and I can proudly say that the things that we watched are pretty balanced as I would watch Xmen with him while he watches Sailor Moon with me. There were times I felt bothered that there were toys (ie Toy Guns) that I am not allowed as my parents quoted that it was for boys.

As we speak I am doing a marathon of the Simpsons and such nostalgia is coming back to me, I might be a grown ass woman but I can still relate to the youngins since i get to watch the shows that some of them watch.

xoxo,




No comments: