Saturday, April 4, 2009

Faking China...

All through out my sleepless nights and never ending drinking sprees with friends, I always ended up in my room, cuddling my gigantic stuff toy dog, watching documentaries in NGC.

Last night, I was able to watch an episode called "Faking China" (those pots made during the ching Dynasty? not quite sure of the period).

Come to think of it, I asked myself the reasons why would people want to make such replicas that are so similar to the original antiquities that the only way to check it's originality is through science.

So here's what I have thought so far:
They make these replica's because...
* So that people who can't afford to buy the real deal in Sotheby's would be able to afford them.
* they were able to generate few jobs in their community.
* To manipulate people on the difference between the original and the fake.

Just the thought of it makes me sick down to my bowels. I am against fake items (here in the Philippines they sell so much, you just need to be meticulous) like fake gucci bags, clothes and even perfume imitations.

If people continue to support imitations such as what I have said above, it is like committing crime. We are not supporting the people who labored so much to create those wonderful materialistic things then here comes the pirates, promoting piracy and such.

Okay, it is cheap, but notice the wear and tear that it would go through. For an original LV bag, my is still in good condition how ever for the fake ones, the stitches are really horrendous, even the materials used are of low quality and not a good investment (my secret has been divulged! lol).

So know, what would your reason be for buying or not buying fake "stuffs"?

xoxo

No comments: