Friday, December 12, 2008

Glum December Part 2

This is the part 2 of my so called Glum December....

It was December 18, 2007 when I received a message from one of my soul sisters. Why soul sister? We create such a bond when we were in high school. The first time that I was able to converse with her, it felt like I have known her for years. I had some crazy run ins with her brother yet she was there to comfort me and such. Her name is *Mei. Knowing her by heart I know it when something's not working right for her of if she's joking around.

The message stated that she was asking prayers for strength and spiritual guidance for her brother.. I was like "Strength and Spiritual Guidance?", I texted her back like a fox chasing on hare.

"What's the matter girl are you joking with me or something? I know you wouldn't say such things about *Bun.. "

"*Bun died yesterday from aneurysm in the brain. He never woke up. "' she replied back.

I fell silent. *Bun, he was such an idiot back then but I always treasured the wacky memories we had together. I owe him so much gratitude because if it wasn't for him, I would never be able to meet *Mei.

I decided to go to his wake even though I had a feeling that I was getting a fever & an incoming asthma attack. *Mei's my soul sister, I said it to myself.,I need to be there for her even though it's not good for me to be there (you how the Chinese are very strict with traditions.. I'm happy that they were not.). Going to his wake, chills were all around me. Thoughts were saying, "Reeze, this is the last time you would say farewell to him." I was ready to face the inevitable.

*Mei, met me at the front door. I was such a nervous wreck. I was happy that I was able to see familiar face in the crowd. I went near his casket, said a little prayer to him. Their grandma came to my side, she whispered to me, "Isn't me grandson handsome? Look at him."

"Yes ma'am, he is handsome." I replied stopping my emotions to get the best of me.

I feel the crowd in the room so I decided to go out and light up a cigarette. *Mei accompanied me. We talked about the good times that we had. We were all giggling when she suddenly cried.. She was asking why they have to take *Bun when everything is changing. I was lost for words. I gently said to her that *Bun is in a better place now and I know that this time, he would be able to look after her much better than before.

We just both sat there outside looking at the dark sky, lighted by the stars.

"*Mei, I know how it feels to lost some one who is so precious to you and when you know that they are turning a new leaf. We would not know the main reason why we was called back by HIM. For all I know is that he would always be there watching you guys. You need to be strong for your parents as well.. Moving on is hard but I am not saying that you forget *Bun. He would always be there here" I said by touching her chest (OMG, senti moment).

It'll be *Bun's 1 year death anniversary by the next following days.

I hope *Mei's doing much better now..

.... next would be part 3

xoxo






Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have lost many friends through the years so I know what you are experiencing. One of my best friends lost her brother, we had grown up from diapers together. My heart and prayers go out to you, your friend and her family.