Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Replies about the Tracy ish..

Good day readers! here are some of the comments from various bloggers about the Tracy ish (issue). Just to let everyone know, I have asked for their permission to re post the said remarks & comments. Some maybe negative and some are positive..

my reply to kantob0y's comment (comments posted originally from http://smoketalk.wordpress.com/the-gospel-according-to-tracy/):

kantob0y, on December 10th, 2008 at 1:58 pm Said:


To Reezen TOT:


– quote – “dark quirky humor of mine” – end quote – sounds either she’s making an excuse or… how would you say it… “nagpapakitang tao?”

Moreover,
– quote – “a post meant to be comical (exaggerated rudeness and ditzy-ness, although still not with some truth to it of course)” – end quote –

would you really joke about something that is not really funny to you in the first place?


think about it…


Reezen TOT, on December 11th, 2008 at 12:49 am Said:

thanks for the point out kantob0y that’s what she has replied to me..

any how, for her friends, that blog might be dark and quirky and comical to them (I dont know them so you might want to ask her yourself regarding this.. )..
I really find the blog offensive as well.. Such bile remarks had already came from me regarding the said blog. And I don’t want to add more insults to her because enough has already been said..

I am not a close friend of hers. The reason I made my retraction was that it seems that I am becoming the type of person that I hate most, being biased and prejudice at some point. As of right now, I do believe she has learned her lesson regarding the blogs she will post and the people she needs to trust. Everyone has witty, dark, etc humors that they do blog on their sites. It’s either they become infamous or be a saint about it.. I am not saying that we should pity her for this..

Just a reminder though, we do have our own mishaps as well.. We might joke somethings that might come off offensive to others without knowing it..


I’ll let you be the judge on this issue.. I have already made my judgment as well..
I respect your opinion and I do hope you respect mine as well..

Fr: Serpentskirt, on December 8th, 2008 at 7:39 pm Said (comment originally posted from http://smoketalk.wordpress.com):

I was about to leave a rather scathing post on your transcription of her entry, but then I’m glad I read this first, and I want to say thank you for not just launching into a long tirade about what a horrible, insensitive bitch Tracy Borres is. I haven’t been seeing that a lot on the Internet.

Most of what I find is just people making mean, underhanded comments about her and judging her entire person based on that one blog entry that they were never even meant to read, and it disappointed me.


Tracy is a friend of mine, and she’s been a good friend for a long time. The contents of that blog entry are not the summary of her person. I’m not making any excuses for the things she said, and I’m not condoning her actions either, because her comments were really offensive, even to some of her friends who already KNOW what she and her humor are like, but I think she deserves to be treated better than she is being treated now, because right now, people seem to think she’s hardly human and are not regarding her as such.



What frustrates me about this hoopla is that people keep going on and on in their blog entries about how “they’re spreading the posts so that more people know about this heinous bitch,” and when I ask what for, some actually tell me that they’re doing it so that “Tracy Isabel Borres learns something.” What’s she going to learn? That people on the Internet are self-righteous cunts? Some of these people have tried to get her in trouble with the school, but the school already knows about this, and right now, all they’re really concerned about is that this nuttery isn’t affecting Tracy negatively, academically or emotionally.


If the school can take it with a grain of salt, and understand that not everybody has a beautiful, mindblowingly enlightening immersion experience, why can’t everyone else?
I understand where their anger is coming from, but I think that instead of further spreading the hate all over the Internet, where Tracy is obviously not looking because she knows what’s out there, these “concerned, upstanding, moral, socially-aware citizens” could be doing something more constructive.


Doesn’t everyone know her Facebook name by now? Doesn’t everyone know what her photo looks like? Why don’t they just take their grievances straight to her and message her on Facebook?
Or can they only bravely express how horrified they are and how awful they think she is on their own inviolable turf, where she’s not looking and where nobody’s standing up for her? Anyway, thank you for your time, and thank you for your kindness. It is very much appreciated.

Fr: The Cat on Wed, 10th Dec 2008 2:24 pm

i read Reezen blog where she published the “retraction”. it is more of denial but i agree with her, she is not a racist or discriminatory to the indigeneous people. She eats their food.


Ang discriminatory yong hindi kakain ng pagkain, di ba?
She also accepted the fruits given to her by the poor Tatay . In short she is just guilty of being a BIGOT. She is inflicted with the common disease BSA syndrome. BITCH-SI-AKO syndrome.



from marocharim



"Before you read whatever irrelevant rant I’m going to post here, I suggest you read Smoke’s transcript of the Tracy Borres post, Smoke’s reply, and her take on Tracy’s reply. More required reading comes from ReynaElena. Which means you don’t have to read this. Also, read Reezen TOT’s side of the story. - Marocharim" * * *

Before we “lynch” Tracy Borres, let’s take a step back and see what her entry is about. I read it to be a personal opinion of a personal experience. Ethnocentric? Yes. Offensive? Definitely. Should she have blogged about it? Absolutely not. I’m not the most merciful guy on the face of the earth, but Tracy has already been critiqued on the basis of her unpopular opinion. If you asked me, big deal: we all hold unpopular opinions. When you’re reading this blog, you’re reading many unpopular opinions from an anarchist who believes euthanasia and abortion should be legalized. The only difference is that I’m not telling you to pull the plug on a sick relative, and I’m not talking to you about the uses of certain herbs and coat hangers, so to speak. The problem here is how Tracy Borres wrote about something she knew was offensive, wrote it in a way she knew was tactless, and expected too little of a consequence for it. And the least she could manage was… “Sigh sigh.”

The question this time is whether or not Tracy deserves the flak coming to her. Well no, and it’s not because I have a soft spot for colegiala types with ditzy humor who have some measure of “hitsura…” well, yeah, I do. Anyway…
In blogging spheres, there’s such a thing as “the unbloggable.” There are things you simply can’t blog about. For example, I can’t blog about sensitive concerns and information about my job. I can’t blog about issues that take place within my family. Granted that I’ll offend people from time to time, but responsible blogging - heck, responsible writing, at that - is based on the precept that you’re not going to intentionally offend, harm, or malign anybody just because you’re making a personal opinion public.

I hate repeating myself, but again:
Honeste vivere, alterum no laedare, suum cique triburere (Live honestly, do no harm, give one’s due).

You can write about all the offensive things you like, but you think twice, thrice, four times, and even a full day before you give yourself the license to write about it. While you’re “more free” with blogging than by writing on some locked journal, what you write on the Internet can - and will - be used against you, whether it’s a real court, or the court of public opinion.


People’s lives and reputations get built - and yes, ruined - by the Internet. The moment you commit something to the relative permanence of a blog, you’re pretty much accountable for it.
For me, it’s not about the ka-artehan or ka-conyohan of Tracy Borres, but the kakapalan ng mukha niya to post her offensive, objectionable views without a semblance of a rational, humane, passabe defense of her argument.


Somewhere in her objectionable opinion, there were many, many good defenses made in her behalf. Yet had Tracy kept her opinions to herself, had Tracy’s friends had the prudence to not circulate the e-mail or Facebook message or what, then we wouldn’t have these inane, asinine, feces-on-the-hair-of-a-stray-cat “blog controversies” that don’t do anything to uplift the credibility of blogging.
Furthermore, it’s not just about Tracy Borres, but every single blogger out there who thinks that he or she can get away with a review that looks down upon the generosity of a host, or maligns the good name and reputation of another person. We all feel that our blogs are our own personal places, when in fact a lot about a blog is public.


Rather than exercise prudence and respect, many of us overstep the bounds of what is honorable, what is respectable, and what is just. The continued neglect for these important issues - these simple precepts - is what makes irrelevant blog controversies that run down the credibility of blogging.



Nobody, not the least of which a guy who believes that chocolate cake is an abomination that should be flushed down the toilet, is begrudging anyone to express something objectionable. Yet even the most objectionable opinions like Nazism, the Holocaust, and Maafa last because they were well-thought-out, before being released into the realm of public discourse. In blogs, it’s simply not the case; we wait for things to “boil over,” and wait until all of this is forgotten.


Sigh sigh.
XOXO.



Fr: Wendy said... (original comment posted from http://chichitsthefan.blogspot.com/2008/12/shaken-rattled-and-roared-bad-idea.html)

Hi Kitty,


I'm really a big fan of yours but... Let's face it, experiences like immersions aren't for everyone. I graduated from Ateneo myself so I know. I think had she known what she was getting into she would not have gone at all. She's just being herself.


I don't know her, I bet most of the people who've been lambasting her and judging her don't know her as well. How can we judge her solely from her reaction to an experience which she deemed bad?
She posted her account on Facebook, probably to share with her friends and peers, and now it is being feasted on, ridiculed, and criticized for all the world to see.


Nobody's perfect.
I feel sorry for her, because she is being turned into a sideshow so people will have something to talk about. :(

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 12:49:00 PM HKT


Fr: The Adventures of MDJ Superstar The Life & Times of A Superstar Beyond Belief MDJ Superstar Reacts to the Notorious TIB (Tracy Isabel Borres (original comment posted on http://mousehole.wordpress.com/) My my my.


Tracy Isabel Borres.

This is one of the more mildly controversial topics I’ve seen floating around the blogosphere. (link to her blog entry here, although I am thinking this is creating a buzz only because Gorrell is currently on hibernation)
I don’t begrudge her for not being able to vent anything deeper than ohmygollyhowkadirinamanthesepeoplearein her blog.


Not all life lessons come immediately, and even when they do, not all of us articulate enough to compose them into a straightforward essay we can share with our friends.
I will give her the benefit of the doubt, and simply ask - how will she live her life from here on in? We don’t expect all people who join an immersion to suddenly become saints and social activists. but if she learns to be more appreciative of her material comforts, and grateful to those who are kind and who provide for her, that becomes a plus in my book.


Consuelo de bobo nalang, i guess.
She’s a ditz, i will say that, but as someone who does not truly know the person. She doesn’t strike me as being very nice. Again, that is not a fully-informed judgement. I certainly wish she could have been more reflective on her experience. But still. Feelings are feelings, and I will respect her right to vent her very visceral reaction to that one weekend. How she will live the rest of her life - it’s sad that none of us will ever find out.


We will only know her as a name on this particular blog post that she never meant for anyone outside her close circle of friends to read.
How would any of us have reacted in her place? Tell me.

fr: dan

I had gone through the same thing and I stayed in the community for one month. I guess it’s different for me because it was my cause… I personally wanted to know how they run their lives, I wanted to understand them so I could develop technologies/practices that could benefit them.


WE have to understand that she comes from a different perspective. I think, its important that the people who are going to these immersions should be oriented rightfully. Plus, there should be post processing or whatever you should call it.
I’m from UP, so I don’t know how it works in Ateneo.


I have the greatest respect for Ateneans esp. those I’ve met because of their thrusts and principles.
It’s just plain sad especially when I think about her surrogate Aeta family. They may have been offended or hurt by her actions…

fr: a batchmate of TIB

I’m her batchmate and also coursemate, IV AB Psych. If there is one thing I may ask is that please don’t generalize us (not that I am saying you are. you just might).

We share the same comment, it saddens me she is studying Psychology. A course where we are taught about cultural differences, it saddens me that (most likely) she will be graduating with this degree. If only this incident can show our professors that she is not ready to graduate, however BLOGGING is not included in our grade basis.


As her coursemate and batchmate, I’m disgusted by what she did but trying not to be disgusted by her. Because like I said, we are taught to understand OTHER CULTURES.




My hope for her as she graduates (because I am not that close to her and I don’t think I will be able to talk to her) is that this whole experience of immersion and her post-blog repercussions will somehow, even just A LITTLE, ground her “heaven-high” self-image and bring out humility, something we all need.

fr:Mike Abundo (CHECK MIKE'S BLOG, DON'T KNOW HOW TO HYPERLINK AND SUCH.. LOL http://mikeabundo.com/2008/12/10/tracy-isabel-borres-facebook/) (in regards to Tracy's statement)

Filipina college student Tracy Isabel Borres recently interacted with the indigenous Filipino Aeta tribe on an Ateneo de Manila University field trip. She posted nasty things about the tribe on her Facebook page, for only her friends to see.


She thought the posts were funny.
One of Tracy’s Facebook friends did not find the posts funny. She found them so unfunny that she took screenshots and circulated them via email. The screenshots are now making the rounds on Filipino mailing lists. I find Tracy’s posts horribly racist. In fact, I find them so offensive that I will not republish them here.


Maybe they were meant to amuse her friends, but they certainly did not amuse me. Nevertheless, I do not condone her friend’s treachery.
I decided to hear Tracy’s side of the story. Here’s her statement.

"Yes I am fully aware of the gravity and extent of what is happening right now, but thank you still. =) Someone stole it from my CONTACTS only account. Sigh sigh. Thing is i know how rude and offensive it sounded but that was because I was expecting it to be read by my friends only who understood a kind of dark quirky humor of mine that really would make other people mad. It was a post meant to be comical for my friends to laugh at… (exaggerated rudeness and ditzy-ness, although still not with some truth to it of course, i am not excusing my insensitive usage of words but hey! its funny WITH/FOR my friends!) then of course it leaked. Sigh sigh. I am just waiting for this to blow over (as typical ‘internet sensations’ usually do), because seriously. People, focus on real issues not on some spoiled sheltered girl. Haha. if anything, i would rather you forward my reply to the email. =) i mean really. there are so many ppl out there who are just so ready and willing to jump at every and any opportunity to add insult to injury bec it will be inconsequential to them anyway without knowing the premises or without any sense of discernment whatsoever. i mean betrayal for leaking my entry by someone i knew was bad enough right? so now its like i cracked a yo momma joke and everyone thinks i want to kill their momma! hahaha oh sigh sigh. again, thank you for your concern. =)"

If I were Tracy, I’d either watch what I say or scrub my friends list. People whine all the time about privacy on the Internet — but no privacy protocol can survive a breach of trust.

fr:nicmespiritu says: nicmespiritu (originally posted on http://mikeabundo.com/2008/12/10/tracy-isabel-borres-facebook/)
December 10th, 2008 at 9:42 pm

why was i expecting a more reasonable apology than “it was only meant for my friends?” i guess wisdom comes with age. bata pa siya and being the optimist that i am, i just hope she attains a certain level of maturity after all this. personally,i don’t agree with her order to focus on real issues. apparently, she has no idea what real issues are. her words ARE real issues because they are offensive to real people. plus there should be no expectation of privacy in the internet. there’s a lesson for each of us in this instance… bahala na tayo anong lesson ang makukuha natin, whether it be to watch out for friends who leak your blogs, privacy over the internet, the line between humor and offensiveness or a little tact perhaps. i hope you don’t mind if i also post this on my blog, giving credit to you, of course.

Here are some of the remarks, comments and reactions that I was able to pull up.. As you can see, there are different types of view regarding the said blog. If you were able to read Tracy's side, I was happy to get a statement from her personally (No editing of course).

Doesn't it feel like we're all back in high school, ganging up on some one who is vulnerable to such critics that that person would wish to hibernate until the year is over? I am not writing up for her defense but what I am trying to do is to show her side.

Do you think that too much hate will get things resolved? Why even here in the US some Filipinos are very derogatory towards other Filipinos. I know that most of us bloggers hate racism and discrimination. We can't just push someone to write things that everyone would enjoy. We all get ostracized by actions that seem demeaning to others..


It's not that bad to have an open mind. Having an open mind is more reasonable.

xoxo






Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

12 comments:

Trosp said...

This is something that might be hypothetical or I'm just speculating.

We all know that on the negative side of this issue, there is that mob lynching. Talagang kinuyog si Tracy. (It might be an exception rather than the rule but I suspect that it is more due to the blog traffic that it will generate in blogging her brouhaha on it's negative light. I might be wrong which is most of the time I am. We can generate a data later on).

The question is - what if the first blog on this issue in negative light was from a foreigner?

The second question is - are Filipino bloggers checking their ranks? What I mean is, there might be some bloggers who are capitalizing on the issue and yet the are also guilty of the same. And if one is found to be doing that, will that blogger received the same condemnation that was imposed to Tracy? I mean no protecting of one's own. No closing of rank. Just plain honesty and fairness.

I'm just sharing my thought.

Trosp said...

This is something that might be hypothetical or I'm just speculating.

We all know that on the negative side of this issue, there is that mob lynching. Talagang kinuyog si Tracy. (It might be an exception rather than the rule but I suspect that it is more due to the blog traffic that it will generate in blogging her brouhaha on it's negative light. I might be wrong which is most of the time I am. We can generate a data later on).

The question is - what if the first blog on this issue in negative light was from a foreigner?

The second question is - are Filipino bloggers checking their ranks? What I mean is, there might be some bloggers who are capitalizing on the issue and yet the are also guilty of the same. And if one is found to be doing that, will that blogger received the same condemnation that was imposed to Tracy? I mean no protecting of one's own. No closing of rank. Just plain honesty and fairness.

I'm just sharing my thoughts.

Trosp said...

Hi Reezen,

My apology for double posting. Medyo nalito ako.

BR

Anonymous said...

I happen to know the "foreigner" you are referring to because I frequent Connie Veneracion and I read the whole story there including the blog entry done by the "foreigner" you are referring to.

It's possible for a newbie blogger to sensationalize a story to create a traffic, why now. However, for the "foreigner" you are referring to, he is already an established blogger, a well-known blog so accusing that blog to use Tracy for traffic is not possible. He has blogged more stories bigger than Tracy, they're all on his "popular" posts.

I think the problem you have with the blogger which you seem not to be able to move on is the fact that -

1.) You castigated him wrong and called him names which you shouldn't so when some readers at Connie defended the blogger, you got angry.

2.) It was wrong for you to stalk anyone for a wrong issue, and you stalked him. This very entry alone attests to that.

Finally, you are having a fight with Reyna Elena and we know he was right.

You will find me at Connie Veneracion's site.

Anonymous said...

RAstaMONch says:
December 17, 2008 at 3:54 pm

@Reyna - I support you. Everyone has the right to express their opinions about the American electoral candidates and no one suppresses that.

----
This commenter is right TROSP. Why were you angered with Reyna Elena blogging about politics about USA when he lives in the US? Why start calling people names and then you stalk them? You are being hypocrite. Looks like no one is believing you.

Trosp said...

How's that? I'm a stalker again?

I'm not mentioning any name here. It's still a valid question for Filipino bloggers what will happen if there is that kind of situation.

Hi Reezen, please bear with me. I have to clear up some items.

I really don't want to bring this Reyna issue here but I have to give my side.

Hi Tony Hill,

I'm sorry but I can't find any Houseonahill entry on Tracy's issue. Up to this time, I haven't read any foreign blog on Tracy's blooper therefore I don't have any foreigner blogger in my mind. I'd appreciate if you can provide the readers with further details.

You commented:

"It's possible for a newbie blogger to sensationalize a story to create a traffic"

That's why my disclaimer on that was "It might be an exception rather than the rule but I suspect..."

For name calling,I can't help it if I read something which is dishonest or sleazy. How about on Tracy's case, a lot of bloggers called her names that will pale even what those tenants of the Manila City Jail are using. Where is the Filipino bloggers call out on that? Tracy’s mistake was just to think aloud IMO. (In all honesty, we have our own bigotry and discrimination in our mind but we just don’t openly express it). Does it mean name calling in the blog is exclusive for bloggers?

I really can’t get the meaning of stalker that is being used by the Filipino bloggers. If I may use my definition of stalker it will be this “someone who prowls (roam through stealthily) or sneaks about ”. Similar with online freedictionary.

In your definition, I’m a stalker:

- So that will mean when I’ve visited Reyna’s site site TWICE and on the THIRD posted my first comment and RIGHT AWAY REYNA NAME CALLED ME A STALKER.

- When he did not post my comment so I find some other Filipino bloggers (around 8 give or take and he's a regular commenter on most of those blogs) and decided that maybe I should ask their opinion (some sort of sampling) and a lot Filipino commenters in his blog again name called me as stalker and my comment as spam (again I’ve my different definition of spam).

- You commented I stalked him again right in this thread. (It’s very clear from my posted comments that I’m just posing a scenario that could be just a hypothetical one or could really happen without mentioning any name.)

Bottomline - I'm already a stalker if I visited a blogsite for a third time with comment for posting that is against the blog owner's agenda/interest.

BTW, who was the person who defended him in houseonahill?

FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUMENT, let’s say I was really out of sync and deserved condemnation as regards Reyna’s comment in houseonahill blog. As a Filipino and a Filipino citizen living in the Philippines, would he,as a Filipino living in US of America, as an American citizen (naturalized whatever…) can just belittle or insult unopposed a Filipino as below –
*************************************************************************************
reyna elena 09.22.08 at 10:57 am
knock! knock! knock!
moonbats flying in the nite! AHEM! Did I hear somebody call my name?! Got passport, ready to show if necessary, including diplomas. Any takers???
pissed be with you
~fly~
*************************************************************************************
I might as well include our email exchanges since according to him he will out me under the disclaimer that there is no privacy in the internet.

The series of emails –

From: OFW [mailto:ofwcenter@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 8:09 PM
To: pensortijas@gmail.com
Subject: Fwd: [reyna elena dot com] Please moderate: "Bidets in the Aeta community"

Why hide? If you wanna fight me, why be a coward? Identify yourself.
*************************************************************************************
From: OFW [mailto:ofwcenter@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 8:15 PM
To: pensortijas@gmail.com
Subject: Fwd: [reyna elena dot com] Please moderate: "Bidets in the Aeta community"

Oh, I put your comment on spam.
*************************************************************************************
From: OFW [mailto:ofwcenter@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 1:58 AM
To: pensortijas@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [reyna elena dot com] Please moderate: "Bidets in the Aeta community"

Alright bastard! This is what you wrote against me. And by the way, I already know who you are. There is no privacy on the internet. Here's what you originally wrote:

YOUR CHARGES:
1. You said: if Reyna is a legitimate USA voter or she can comment authoratively on US political issue. (Could she be already affected by PDS?) Yes, bastard! I am American. I can vote. Do I have to apply for a certain license to authoritatively write about US politics?

2. Oh, I called you bastard. You called me names first.

3. And many more name calling.

4. And then moonbat.

There was another reader who defended me.

SO WHAT'S YOUR ISSUE?

Looked like I am not the one who is hypocrite. I read your response that you're not even an American. So, what's that deal?

One of these days, I WILL OUT YOU.

I expect your response.

Reynz
*************************************************************************************
From: Pen Sortijas [mailto:pensortijas@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 9:30 AM
To: 'OFW'
Subject: RE: [reyna elena dot com] Please moderate: "Bidets in the Aeta community"

I’m not hiding my identity and I’ll not mind you calling me by any name you like.
*************************************************************************************
From: OFW [mailto:ofwcenter@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 9:40 AM
To: Pen Sortijas
Subject: Re: [reyna elena dot com] Please moderate: "Bidets in the Aeta community"

Understand that you were the one who started with the name calling. Keep that in mind.
*************************************************************************************
From: Pen Sortijas [mailto:pensortijas@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 9:51 AM
To: 'OFW'
Subject: RE: [reyna elena dot com] Please moderate: "Bidets in the Aeta community"

Oh yes and I’m very happy I was correct. Most of the time, you can judge a person’s character by just reading what he/she has written.

I’m signing off now and I’ll be back this evening Manila time.
*************************************************************************************
From: OFW [mailto:ofwcenter@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 10:44 AM
To: Pen Sortijas
Subject: Re: [reyna elena dot com] Please moderate: "Bidets in the Aeta community"

You're damn right. Exactly how you wrote your stuff against! Please don't email me no more. I honestly don;t want to hear from you.
************************************************************************************
From: Pen Sortijas [mailto:pensortijas@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 10:17 PM
To: 'OFW'
Subject: FW: [reyna elena dot com] Please moderate: "Bidets in the Aeta community"

Yup. You are correct. You will not see my mail in your inbox anymore. But those things that you’ve emailed could go a long long way in the blogsphere to unmask you and your sleazy blog.

I’ve to reformat my PC tonight since you have contaminated it and I have to ask our parish to exorcise it tomorrow.
*************************************************************************************
From: OFW [mailto:ofwcenter@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 10:22 PM
To: Pen Sortijas
Subject: Re: FW: [reyna elena dot com] Please moderate: "Bidets in the Aeta community"

Pen,

No worries. You can send them all to the internet however you want. You might be interested with my next entry. It will be about you. I will social climb with you hahaha! You don't have to unmasked me, I don't think i blocked you.

Welcome to my blog. In my entry, feel free to comment because I was befuddled with the similarity you have with Ellumbra.

Reynz.
*************************************************************************************
You may further read the issue on this if you google A trophy running mate houseonahill.

Reezen TOT said...

Okay trosp I have already given you the floor to make some clarifications and let your side be heard as well.. No apologies necessary.

You can see that all through out my blog, as much as possible, I try to hear both sides of the story. I try to keep my mind as open as i can even though other bloggers might comment something different for what I deem is right.

If I was in your shoes, I would have gone to the blogger directly to ratify somethings like what I did with Tracy to know her side.

For the nickname "Stalker", it just clung onto your username Trosp as it clung to Reyns when you addressed him as a Moonbat.

(Moonbat

1. Any number of irrational and hysterical individuals whose self-indulgent intellectual indolence has led them to a visceral hatred of all things western. Moonbats tend to frequent anti-globalization and numerous other forms of rallies, demonstrations, sit-ins, and the like, tend to look dirty, and can frequently be heard using terms such as, "imperialism". The mark of a true moonbat is the total lack of perspective (i.e. "if a dictator provides free healthcare, I like that dictator" - actual moonbat quote).

2.An extreme leftist, throwing aside logic for political
convenience.

3. An unthinking or insane leftist -- in other words, most modern leftists.

Moonbat can also be used as an adjective, e.g. a moonbat professor. According to the Wikipedia entry for moonbat, the word was coined in 2002 by the Editor of Samizdata, Perry de Havilland, and was a variation on the name of radical British activist and columnist George Monbiot.

Originally, the term "moonbat" was intended to be more politically neutral, and described wackos on the left and the right, but it quickly acquired its current usage of being applied almost exclusively to those on the left.

The term also references the moon much in the same way that "lunatic" refers to the insanity-causing powers of the full moon (luna = moon). Bloggers occasionally analyze the behavior patterns of various moonbat "species" as if they were actual animals, and even give them satirical Linnaean taxonomical names, such as "moonbattus berkeleyensis".

4.A mentally unstable Liberal who tires to hijack the true meaning of a word and turn it to their advantage. Just as they have with History.
The true definition of Moonbat is not a compliment to Liberals. It is a term used to describe their mental instability and lack of knowledge.)

I just did what any friend would do, I would retaliate for them. I know you would feel the same way if someone calls your friend (i.e.) Sleazy Mongrel.Just what KK and the other bloggers defended Reyns.

The thing was this, you should have read through and through in regards to the Palin issue (which was 3 to 4 months ago). I was able to read both entries from Reyns and the enry made in the blog houseonahill. There were excerps from were he got his ideas.

It seemed like you were saying that he does not have the right to blog about foreign politics. The thing is this, Reyns has been living here in the US for quite sometime and I do believe he bears knowledge about US Politicians like any other newspaper, cnn, fox news 29, bbc etc knows about the politics here. You should have checked out the hyper links though because it came from the Huffington Post.

& everyone is quite intrigued about your comments. that for every Tracy Blog, you would post about the issue you were having with Reyns. If you don't post the thread regarding the "exchange of words between you 2", you would use something else and still has something to do with Reyns..

What do you really want to happen then?

I am giving you the floor as you can see I have posted the comments you've made. There were no edits made on them.

I am just stating here what I do know, understand & share my own opinions. I respect your remarks that's why I posted them. I do hope you respect mine as well..

Thank You.. Good day

Trosp said...

Hi Reezen,

When I read your blog, I was impressed by it. Something that a real Filipino blogger can be proud of. No-nonsense and fair. What has impressed me is your treatment of Tracy's blooper. Bravo!

It seems that we have used different source for the meaning of moonbat. As I’ve explained in houseonahill blog (comment #31)

Definition of moonbat from http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Moonbat

Moonbat (also “barking moonbat” and “moonbat crazy”) is a term often used currently in U.S. politics as a political epithet referring to anyone that is liberal or on the left.

I don't have anything in mind beyond that.

Your comment:

“It seemed like you were saying that he does not have the right to blog about foreign politics. The thing is this, Reyns has been living here in the US for quite some time and I do believe he bears knowledge about US Politicians like any other newspaper, cnn, fox news 29, bbc etc knows about the politics here. You should have checked out the hyper links though because it came from the Huffington Post.”

And below is my comment on that blog:

“Let’s go to Reyna - a blogger, as one commenter has posted if anybody would like to visit. I don’t know if Reyna is a legitimate USA voter or she can comment authoritatively on US political issue. (Could she be already affected by PDS?)”

Nothing there that says Reyns has no right to blog about foreign politics.

As for checking the hyperlink, I could have, but it will not change the way how I made my comment. Not unless the blogger has the disclaimer that it is just quoted from a certain source. In its absence, my thinking is the blogger is espousing it.

Your comment:

“& everyone is quite intrigued about your comments. that for every Tracy Blog, you would post about the issue you were having with Reyns. If you don't post the thread regarding the "exchange of words between you 2", you would use something else and still has something to do with Reyns..”

My comment:

Yes, I did that on almost all the blogs that I’ve seen in which Reyns is commenting. I want to see what would happen and I’m satisfied with the result.

The thing is, how can you expect somebody to post comment in your blog if they’ll be intimidated later once the content of the comment is adversarial to the blog owner’s agenda/interest. Isn’t it is more appropriate to debunk the commenter’s claim (just like what you’re doing now). Then, there will be no reason for exchanges of ideas to flow freely. I don’t know in Reyns blog, if I have to assimilate first with his other commenters before I can comment on something that is contradicting with his idea.

I still would like to have an exchange of opinion with you on this matter if there are still items that are not clear.

BR

Reezen TOT said...

I do hope that you are not mocking my blogs.

Nobody shares the same ideas, so I would not expect anyone to agree with something that I or others would Blog. If there is such a thing that I find too sensitive, I would go to the blogger himself, say what's in my mind and blog all the way.

yes, i like debunking trivial matters. Curiosity, as it seems to be.(Curiosity killed the cat, hopefully not me.. lol)While doing it, I try to be discreet as possible.

as of right now, no clarifications are needed as you have explained yourself clearly.

thank you for dropping by my site for sharing your thoughts.

feel free ostracize my blogs. lol

good day!

Trosp said...

I'm not mocking your blog. Basing on this page, I'm convinced it's like the other previous entries.

Honesty in blogging.

It's up to you to do the benchmarking.

Trosp said...

For your comment -

"If there is such a thing that I find too sensitive, I would go to the blogger himself, say what's in my mind and blog all the way."

I've initially posted it in The Cat blog but she advised me to go directly to Reyns and below is my reply -

From: Pen Sortijas [mailto:pensortijas@gmaildotcom]
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 4:23 PM
To: 'cathcath'
Subject: RE: Inquiry

Hi Cath,

No problem with me. I just feel that my comment is not an off topic one since you’ve made Reyna as your reference in your post. I just want to show his other side. I’m selective on the forums where I want to post comments. Reyna’s blog is a sleazy one. This time , I think I have to break that rule and will go on with your suggestion.

BR

Anonymous said...

thanks for the added information trosp!

I really can't blame you if you would be selective on the forums in which you would like to post your ideas.

belated merry christmas and prosperous new year to you and your family!